Pet Surgery In Etobicoke
At Jane Animal Hospital in Etobicoke, your premier facility for elective and emergency pet surgery in Toronto, our highly skilled staff does what it takes to care for your pet in a calm and caring environment. As a full-service animal hospital, we offer a variety of veterinary medicine services, including pet surgery.
Pet Surgery At Jane Animal Hospital: What We Offer
Specific types of surgical procedures we perform include:
- Spays and Neuters. Our veterinary surgical team strongly recommends that you have your animal spayed (if female) or neutered (if male). Sterilizing your animal can improve its lifespan, prevent chronic health problems--including certain types of cancer--and reduce the number of unwanted animals that are sent to shelters every year (where, sadly, many are euthanized). Your Toronto veterinarian will be sure to discuss with you when is the best time to spay or neuter your animal, and how to ensure a safe and speedy recovery from this relatively quick and simple procedure.
- Soft Tissue Surgery. It's not uncommon to find tumors or masses on your animal, especially in an older pet. While not all soft tissue masses or lesions are cancerous, some do require removal in order to prevent complications. We use advanced technology and tools to help minimize scarring and accelerate recovery time following any soft tissue procedure.
- Foreign Body Removal. Dogs, cats, and other animals are at risk for foreign bodies becoming lodged into their eyes, mouth, paws, and other areas of the body. The risk is higher for animals that regularly spend time outdoors. Animals are also at risk for ingesting objects that are not meant to be consumed, including pebbles, toys, and articles of clothing. If you suspect that your animal has eaten or has become penetrated by a foreign body, please consider this a medical emergency. The sooner your animal is evaluated by a veterinarian, the lower the risk for complications, including infection.
- Eye Surgery. If your animal companion is in need of pet eye surgery in Toronto, then Jane Animal Hospital is just the place you've been looking for. Common eye conditions that may require surgery include corneal ulcers, eye enucleation, and eyelid masses.
- Emergency Surgery and Trauma. Getting struck by a car, ingesting poison or a foreign body, and other accidents can happen at any moment to your animal. Our team is standing by to work as quickly and as effectively as possible to provide life-saving interventions, reduce the immediate effects of physical trauma, and maximize outcomes.
- Orthopedic Surgery. Certain breeds of animals are at risk for orthopedic complications, like knee injuries and hip displacements. We use state-of-the-art technology and best-practice techniques to help your animal return to normal physical function as soon as possible.
Most veterinary surgical procedures require the use of general anesthesia for the safety of both animal and staff. At Jane Animal Hospital, we use high quality anesthesia to keep your pet calm, safe, and comfortable. It is also important to note that we have access to a laparascopic specialist if needed.
Looking For Emergency Pet Surgery in Toronto? Visit Jane Animal Hospital
We know that seeing your animal go through surgery can be challenging. Our team at Jane Animal Hospital is committed to making every step of the surgical process as stress-free as possible for both you and your companion. We sit down with each pet owner to discuss the indications and concerns regarding any surgical procedure, and implement an appropriate post-operative plan--including pain management--to help your pet throughout recovery. So whether you're looking for neuters in Toronto, spays in Toronto, emergency pet surgery, or something else, call us today at (416) 762-5558.