Deworming From Jane Animal Hospital
Our pets are some of our most favorite animals. We want to look after them the best way we know. One of the best ways to look after our pets is by deworming them frequently.
Deworming is an essential preventative care plan for reducing parasites and improving your pet's health. It can also reduce the likelihood of transmission of parasites from pets to humans.
Jane Animal Hospital in Toronto offers reliable deworming, spay and neuter services for pets. We administer a pet exam to identify any issues with their health and parasites. This assessment helps know the best treatment plan to ensure your pet is in good health.
When Should You Deworm Your Pets?
Deworm puppies and kittens frequently. The best practice is to deworm them every two weeks before they turn three months old. Kittens and puppies can get parasites before birth from their moms (even if you dewormed the mom). Subsequent deworming's frequency can depend on the risks.
At times, one might not know their pets have parasites because they cannot see them. You may need a fecal exam to know if your pet has no parasites, primarily if you notice symptoms, such as weight loss, loss of fur, and lack of appetite.
Factors that Increase Exposure
Consider these factors:
- What are the most widespread parasites in your area?
- What's your pet's risk of exposure? Do they spend most of the day outside? Do they interact with other animals? Do you frequent daycares or busy dog parks?
- Have you traveled to other regions recently? Does the area have more parasites, such as flea and tick?
Steps to Take to Lower Risk of Exposure for Your Pet
You can reduce your pet's exposure to parasites and worms by taking these steps.
- Visit a vet for frequent checkups and consultations.
- Monitor your pet's exterior for weight loss, visible parasites, and loss of fur when grooming them.
- Please pick up after your pets and wash your hands properly after discarding their feces.
- Cover sandboxes when they are not in use and protect garden areas.
Visit Jane Animal Hospital to Get the Best Care for Your Pets
Jane Animal Hospital offers expert and personalized vet services in Toronto. Our love for animals makes us the right vet clinic for your pet, as we do everything possible to ensure your pet is healthy.
We can help you deworm, spay and neuter your pet. We also offer grooming services and care to keep any flea and tick away from your pet. An expert will conduct a pet exam, treat your pet, and recommend preventative measures to keep your pet healthy.
Book an appointment today to get your pet the care it deserves.