The Importance of Kitten Vaccinations
Getting your kitten vaccinated is crucial for its survival. Whether it is an indoor cat or a mixture of outdoor and indoor, vaccinations will help your cat overcome the viruses that your pet may come into contact with. You can depend on Jane Animal Hospital in Toronto, to provide you with the best pet care in your area. Our local veterinarian is here to provide some insight on kitten vaccinations and what vaccination schedule you should use.
When Should I Get Kitten Vaccinations?
Here is a vaccination schedule that you will want to regularly follow and what the visit will involve.
First Visit 6-8 Weeks
- A fecal examination to determine whether or not your kitten has any kind of parasites
- A blood test will be taken to find out if your kitten has feline leukemia
- Your kitten will receive its core vaccinations that consist of panleukopenia, chlamydia, calicivirus, and rhinotracheitis
Second Visit Around 12 Weeks
- External examination for parasites
- Your kitten will receive a second round of vaccinations for rhinotracheitis, panleukopenia, and calicivirus
- Your kitten will also receive its first vaccination for feline leukemia
Third Visit Per Veterinarian Recommendation
- Our veterinarian will administer a follow-up vaccination for feline leukemia
- The rabies vaccination will be administered
Kitten Vaccinations Save Lives
The importance of ensuring that your kitten gets the proper vaccinations cannot be overstated. Your kitten could become deathly ill if they come into contact with any of the aforementioned diseases that they without receiving a proper vaccination. This often happens if a cat gets out of the house and comes into contact with a stray cat who is carrying these diseases. This is why we encourage pet owners to keep their pets inside and not let the pet roam, regardless if the cat is vaccinated or not. Follow your veterinarian's instructions on pet vaccinations and your kitten will grow up to be strong and healthy.
Time for Your Cat’s Shots? Visit Our Animal Hospital
Your kitten is part of your family. You want to be there for your cat just like you would with your child. This is why you want to put your pet on a vaccination schedule that will ensure your furry friend is happy and healthy. Fortunately, our veterinarian here at Jane Animal Hospital in Toronto can provide you with vaccinations and educational material on the subject. We will keep your kitten in optimal health with frequent routine pet wellness check-ups. Give us a call today at 416-762-5558 to schedule your appointment.